The 2019 contest is now open for submissions! Entry requirements and deadlines are posted below. Thank you for your interest in the "Teens Who Travel "essay contest!
Entering is Easy! To enter, all you need to do is submit a piece of writing a maximum of 500 words, based on the following writing prompt:
• How can we enhance accessibility in study abroad?
You may only enter one piece of writing. Your essay can be formal or informal. It can focus on one specific idea for increasing accessibility to study abroad or be more general. It should be purely your own writing and any quoted material must be quoted and cited. It may be in the first person or otherwise, but if it reflects an experience that you've had, the experience should be true. You do not have to have traveled to write a submission.
• Your travel writing piece must be no more than 500 words in length.
• Entries will be accepted between September 23rd, 2019 and October 15th, 2019.
• Entrants must be between the ages of 13-21 at time of entry. Open only to eligible legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia at the time of entry.
• Entries must include English text only and no photography is allowed. Your entry must edited for correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Multiple submissions are not allowed. You may submit only one entry to the contest in total.
• Finalists will be announced on the site and by email on or before December 1st.
• Your submission will become the property of Teen Travel Writers (TeenTravelWriters.org) and may be published, shared, sold, or used by TeenTravelWriters.org at its discretion, including appearing on other travel sites. Your name and age may appear with the submission.
• Your submission must be your original creation and must not have been previously published. It should not link to any other websites or programs.
• All applications must be received no later than 11:59pm ET on October 15th, 2019. Late entries will not be considered.
If you are notified that you are a Winner, you will be contacted by December 1st, 2019 and asked to send a permission letter from your parents if you are under 18. More information about the Parent Permission Letter is available here. These documents must be received by email by December 15th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winners will be required to provide a bio photo and a short biography including their name, school, and age in order to claim their prize.